Comment on page
Add multi-language support with equivalents
In addition to regular courses, Content Controller can deliver equivalents which are made up of regular courses with equivalent material presented in different languages.
Let's say you have a course that you offer in English, Spanish, and French. The equivalent allows you to package the English, Spanish, and French versions of the course as a single file that you can share with your client.
Equivalents can be shared with accounts exactly like regular courses, but when launched they present the learner with a menu of available languages. Selecting a language will deliver the regular course configured for that language.
A single file is shared with an account that your client will import and assign in their LMS just as they would any course. When the learner launches the course, Content Controller offers the course in the language based on the learner’s browser settings (if available). The learner will also see a drop-down menu of all language options available to choose their language preference. Content Controller serves the course in the selected language to the learner and the LMS only knows the course has been satisfied.
- 1.Click Add in the Equivalents section. This will open a dialog with a field for the new equivalent's name and a button to add a language option to the equivalent.
- 2.Click Add Language to select a course and language to add to the equivalent. You can search for a course by name or tag using the search tool. After selecting the course, use the Language drop-down at the bottom of the dialog to match the language to the course.
- 3.As you add multiple languages to the equivalent, they’ll appear in the list.
- 4.To remove a language, click the X icon.
- 5.To change which course a language maps to, click the pencil icon.
- 6.Click Save once you’ve finished selecting languages to create your new equivalent.
Click into the courses subsection to see which courses have been added to the equivalent.
Just like Course Details, clicking an equivalent in the list will open its details panel. You can change the equivalent name and its list of courses and languages by clicking Edit.
- Equivalent name
- Created: date and time that the equivalent was first added
- Modified: date and time that the equivalent was last modified
Test: use this to test the equivalent language selection page in your browser
Deactivate: deactivate the equivalent so it can’t be shared with accounts or accessed by learners
Tags: view, add, and remove tags from the equivalent. As with course tags, anywhere in Content Controller where you can search for an equivalent by name, you may instead search for equivalents with a particular tag.
Usage: same information about accounts, in-progress learners, and total learners as the course details panel, but also has a breakdown of in-progress and total learners for each course in the equivalent.
Courses: a list of the courses and languages that make up the equivalent.
You can manually add in any custom language right from within Content Controller. In the top right of your Content Controller account, click the gear icon and go to Administration. Choose the Languages tab in the navigation and then click Add to add new languages to Equivalents.